Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Not impressed!

Typically three days before a race I pick up a niggle, namely to my peroneus brevis which runs down the outside of my right lower leg towards the ankle. It's the part that sticks out, the thin corridor of muscle fibre that is used in flexing the foot.

It's not so sore that I couldn't train on it if I wanted to, but you know something is up when it starts to twinge when doing a non-impact activity like cycling. Anyway, I'm not impressed. It shouldn't stop me from toeing the line on Friday night, but at any rate it's going to be in the back of my mind.

I'm not sure how it's come about, probably through over training on hard surfaces like the track and the sea wall. I did some rolling on it at work and have used the t-roller tonight and am sat here writing in compression socks, so hopefully a good night's rest will help it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment