Friday, July 3, 2009

Rue de Pistolet

Rue de Pistolet, or 'Road of Guns' in English, is the chosen name for my annual Tour de France fantasy team. I saw this road sign when attending a French Grand Prix triathlon in Les Sables D'Olonne and instantly fell in love with it. My running nickname back at Uni of 'Pistol' (as in Pistol Pete) put into some cool caligraphy and smacked onto a wall. I wish I had stolen it now!

My team:
Lance Armstrong, Astana - bit of an outside bet but he's widely tipped to get on the podium

Andy Schleck, Saxo Bank - going to be good in the mountains and GC, what a talent

David Moncoutie, Cofidis - great climber, going to be going for the polka dot jersey

Igor Anton, Euskaltel - another solid climber, should attack early on near the Basque country

Mark Cavendish, Columbia - can anyone beat him in a sprint? I don't think so!

Christophe Moreau, Agritubel - strong in the mountains, super domestique

Sylvain Chavanel, Quick Step - another high class domestique, might fancy his chances

Maxime Monfort, Columbia - could be useful in the mountains and I like his attacking style

Fabian Cancellara, Saxo Bank - favourite for the time trials, overall legend, love his power output

Three weeks of racing to go, am looking forward to waking up to watch the prologue in Monte Carlo. A beautiful beautiful city to start a beautiful beautiful race. Love it. So glad I'll be in Europe for most of the racing as it means I don't have to get up at a ridiculous hour to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment